Wednesday, December 26, 2012

36 Weeks Pregnant

Baby Developments

Baby Wilson is still packing on the pounds at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds.  She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covers her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covers and protects her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. She swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, which will form the contents of her first bowel movement.  At the end of this week, she will be considered full-term. Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks (Babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term).

Me: 36 weeks, Kelly: 28 Weeks

What are your Biggest Fears

A couple weeks ago Andrew asked me what my biggest fears are about having a baby.  I laughed and told him I didn't know where to begin. I know starting a family is going to be an amazing experience, but I'm also a realist and know there will be challenges as well.  Aside from the fear that my body will never be the same, I have to be responsible for another human being!! Andrew and I are both pretty independent with busy schedules so I was glad we took time to talk about this and how we expect things to change.

What I'm looking Forward to...


C
hristmas of course! This year we are spending Christmas in Texas with the Smolik's. It'll be a much shorter trip than usual as we'll only be there for 5 days vs. 10. I've read that airlines will let you fly up to 36 weeks so we're cutting it very close.  I'll be 37 weeks when we return to Boston so I'll have to keep a doctor's note with me when traveling. Good news is my Austin OB (and his entire practice) have been notified by my family that I'll be in town should anything unexpected happen. 


Happy Holidays!
A Christmas Dance by Erica & Andrew


No comments:

Post a Comment