Baby Wilson is now the size of a watermelon!
I remember reading that one day she would get this big, but honestly I didn't think it was really possible. Well it is! Here I am waddling around with a very active watermelon in my belly. Believe it or not, her brain is still developing. And her skin finally has a thick layer of fat around the blood vessels. I've also read her fingernails may be very long so she may be due for her first mani!
Week 39: January 11, 2013
Health & Wellness Update
I feel extremely fortunate to have had a safe, positive and for the most part easy pregnancy, but I can honestly say, I'm over it! This last month has become so uncomfortable. The other day I was telling my mom that I'm sure every pregnant woman feels this this way, but there's just no more room in my body for this baby. Not only does she take up my entire torso from the bottom of my ribs to the top of my hips, but this baby is getting heavy! Andrew literally has to roll me off the couch or bed so I can stand up. My latest pains include swollen feet, stomach cramps, achy hips and head aches.
My last doctor's appointment was Monday and she predicted baby Wilson weighs between 6 & 7lbs. Although she's dropped and in the right position, I'm not having any signs that she's coming out soon. She must have heard how cold it is here in Boston! My next appointment is 1/16 so I'm hoping we make a little more progress by then.
Christmas Tree Burn
A few days after New Years, Andrew and I heard of a tradition here in Salem where the city will have a huge bonfire by the beach and burn all the Christmas trees. Since I'm married to a pyromaniac, this was something we couldn't miss. There was a DJ there playing all sorts of "fire" themed songs and a booth passing out hot chocolate so it turned out to be a fun community event.
Surprise Shower
Yesterday my office surprised me with a baby shower. It was so cute. They put pink and white streamers everywhere and had mini cupcakes with pink lemonade. It was the perfect way to end a busy work day!
What I'm looking forward to...
This Friday we meet with a pediatrician that came highly recommended by my neighbors. We're very lucky to live on a street with lots of young families. I'm sure they will become our go to resources for new parent information.
No comments:
Post a Comment