Sunday, October 21, 2012

Last Week of the 2nd Trimester!

I can't believe I'm in my last week of the second trimester. This pregnancy has flown by! I can almost taste my celebratory meal including a medium rare steak with a glass of champagne! Andrew is already planning our first date night post baby, only this time we may need a table for 3.

Baby Developments
This week baby Wilson is the size of a Rutabaga and her weight is just over 2lbs. By now, she recognizes the sound of my voice and is sleeping and waking at regular intervals. She can open and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, the brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. I've read that the baby can  hiccup but I haven't felt anything yet.

Week 27: October 18, 2012

Fall is Here!
One of my favorite times of year in Boston is Fall. The leave change color from green to bright orange and red, the air is crisp and dry and Halloween last for an entire month long (keep in mind we live in Salem).  This past weekend we went to a Fall Festive full of pumpkin carving, a parade and lots of apple cider.



No comments:

Post a Comment