Friday, October 12, 2012

Week 26 Update

Baby Developments

This week baby Wilson weighs a full two pounds and measures 13.6-14.8 inches.  About the size of a head of iceberg lettuce.  Her eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, will start to open.  The network of nerves in her ears are better developed and more sensitive than before, allowing her to hear more. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of the lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air.

Week 26: October, 11 2012

No Pain No Gain!

Well I'm definitely feeling the pain of all this weight gain! So far I've gained a total of 14lbs. I feel extremely fortunate to have had an easy pregnancy for the first half.  Just recently, I have been feeling the aches and pains I've been reading about. Sleeping is becoming more difficult with this basketball of a belly. And the frequent charlie horse leg pains have been the culprit of my wee hour awakenings! And not to forget the back ache. Luckily with a long walk and some stretching (or a message from Andrew) this goes away. Although exercising has become slightly more difficult I'm still managing to play tennis one night a week, go for walks and lift small hand weights. I hope to keep this up until the very end!


No comments:

Post a Comment