Monday, July 9, 2012

Catching Up on the First Trimester

On Mother's Day we learned the positive baby news! The first 6 weeks were so much fun and I felt great until I was suddenly hit with nausea, 3 hour naps and major food aversions. At this point, it started to feel real. At this point Andrew had the great idea of documenting our weekly progress. He's not only the camera man but the weekly sign artist!
Week 7: May 31, 2012
 Week 8: June 7, 2012
Today we had our first visit with Essex County OB/GYN
The apt consisted of an exam, a long Q&A with our Nurse Midwife Nancy,
followed by unwillingly supplying 6 vials of blood samples (which confirmed I am Rh-Negative)
http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/rhfactor.html

Week 9: June 14, 2012 
The baby is the size of an olive.
Week 11: June, 28 2012
This was an exciting week for Andrew and I because we finally 
told the family our exciting news!


12 Weeks: July 5, 2012
Baby Wilson is the size of a plum at 2.1 inches long and 0.49 ounces. At this point most of his/her systems are in place. The fetal digestive system is beginning to practice contraction movements and his/her bone marrow is busy making white blood cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment