Saturday, July 21, 2012

Old Wives Tales

For as long as Andrew and I have been together I've always known that my future was to be filled with a house full of boys and activities such as camping trips, Boy Scouts, soccer and food fights. But, after reading some of these old wives tales predicting "boy" or "girl," I am more optimistic that it could go either way. 


Wives Tale Number 1
Carrying high means a girl and carrying low means a boy.
Carrying wide means a girls and carrying narrow means a boy.
For this one it maybe too early to tell but currently I feel I'm high (girl) but also narrow (boy).

Wives Tale Number 2
According to legend, you can tell the gender of the baby just by listening to the heartbeat. 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy. The first time we heard the heartbeat at 10 weeks it was at 180 beats per minute. At 12 weeks it was at 170 beats per minute. Now this is screaming girl!

Wives Tale Number 3
Sweet or Sour?  Some people believe if you're craving sweets like ice cream or brownies this means it's a girl. If you're into salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy.  Considering I can't get enough pickles I'm thinking this means boy :).

Wives Tale Number 4
Chinese Birth Chart. This ancient method uses your age at conception and the month you did the deed to determine gender. Results: Boy
(http://www.parenting.com/chinese-gender-predictor)

Results
Although based on these old wives tales, the majority favors a boy... we'll have to wait until Aug 21 to find out the true results!




1 comment:

  1. Yay for August 21st! Can't wait for y'all to find out either!

    ReplyDelete