Monday, July 23, 2012

Hello 2nd Trimester!

Week 14: July 19, 2012

This week's big developments: Baby Wilson can squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb (just like his daddy used to)! From head to bottom, he/she measures 3 1/2 inches (the size of a lemon) and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces. Baby is starting to develop an ultra-fine covering of hair, called lanugo, all over the body and baby's spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells this week.

Just now at 14 weeks my jeans are feeling a little snug although I've only gained 2lbs. Some of my favorite foods over the past few weeks have included pickles, cucumbers, all fruits and lemonade. The only discomfort I've been feeling lately is "round ligament pain" which is a short jabbing sensation or a sharp, stabbing pain around the abdomen when suddenly changing position. This is caused by the ligaments stretching to accommodate and support the growing uterus. Good news is it's perfectly normal and only last a few seconds.

Family Fun!

Unfortunately I don't have a belly pic this week. My sisters Kelly and Brittany came in town for a long weekend, New England style. Our activities consisted of raspberry picking, Newbury Street shopping, North End dinner (yes, including the cannolis) and a day out on the boat catching our own lobster for dinner. I already miss them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment