Monday, April 29, 2013

Back to Reality

We survived our first week back to 'real life.' 

This week I went back to work and Avery started daycare. The first day was the most difficult. I think Avery handled it much better than I did. Andrew said she was all smiles when he picked her up.

I think the most challenging thing to adjust to is following a daily routine. I now understand why my mom was always late! We're up by 5:45-6am and our day is off with a running start. Andrew and I tag team watching Avery and getting everything ready for the day. I do the morning daycare drop off while Andrew does the pickup. 

Over the weekends I've started prepping meals for the week, given us a little more time in the evening to hangout as a family. If any other working moms have tips on how to make life a little less chaotic please share!

Here are is the story of our week:

Day 1: Ready to take on the day! My coworkers got me these
 beautiful flowers for my first day back at work.

Day 2: We found a new way for Avery to join us at dinner time. She didn't really like being the center piece. I think she may still be to young for this super seat.

Day 3: Dad's in charge. Not sure what happened here but when all else fails, try a comfy T!

 

 Day 4: Making tummy time last as long as possible! Avery has learned to be patient.


 Day 5: I locked us out of the house (for the 3rd time in the past 2 weeks). So, we decided to go to happy hour.
By the time we got home, everyone was exhausted!













No comments:

Post a Comment