This week baby Wilson is supposed to weigh about 8 1/2 ounces (although she measured 10 ounces at our last appointment) and measures 6 inches long, about the size of a mango. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. Baby's sensory development is well underway. Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
Sonogram Picture: August 21, 2012
Week 19: August 23, 2012
Pregnancy Brain is For Real
Over the last few weeks, pregnancy brain has been taking over. At the grocery store I have misread just about every label on products I buy ALL THE TIME! I bought mango juice instead of orange juice, sugar free coffee creamer vs. fat free and I almost walked out with a gallon of whole milk (vs. skim).
Last Saturday night we hosted dinner for Andrews parents and Aunt. We had a great healthy meal full of meat and veggies although it just felt like something was missing. Well at 11pm I jumped out of bed remembering what it was, the twice baked potatoes I slaved over all afternoon! Luckily I had turned off the oven when we sat down to eat (you'd think that would trigger my brain that something was actually in the oven)! Sorry Wilson family, we're not on the Atkins Diet, I just have pregnancy brain!
No comments:
Post a Comment