I can't believe we are at Week 16. So far this pregnancy has flown by. One of the most exciting developments this week is that Baby Wilson can hear us. I think about this every time I'm in the car singing along to the radio. Andrew has also gotten a kick out of this new development. He has taken every opportunity to talk to our little one. Saturday morning I was sitting in the living room reading "What to Expect When Expecting" and Andrew ran up to me, put his mouth on my belly and started making trumpet noises and then motor boat noises, humming into my belly. It was only 7:30am so I hope our little one was already awake!
This must have started the conversation because just a few days later, baby Wilson started talking back, by throwing out a few kicks, of course. Andrew and I were shocked to feel the little bubble movements. We're looking forward to feeling more as the baby grows!
Baby Developments
Other developments this week include the backbone and the back muscles. They are strong enough for the baby to straighten his/her head and neck. The face now has eyebrows and eyelashes too. The crown-to-rump measurement is between four and five inches in length, and weight is around three ounces. This is about the size of an avocado.
Week 16: August 2, 2012

No comments:
Post a Comment