This week our little girl weighs more than a pound and a half and her
crown-to-rump length is about eight and a half inches (standard letter
size!). Believe it or not, her face is fully formed so I'm told that you can now tell which one of us she looks like. Babies at this stage of fetal development are
gaining about six ounces each week, with much of that gain coming from
fat, in addition to growing organs, bones, and muscle.
There's No Hiding It!
My sisters have been telling me this since around week 16, but now I finally believe them. This is the first week I've felt like I look pregnant in everything I wear! I've had two client meetings this week with people I hadn't seen in a while. At both meetings, as soon as I walked in the door there was a loud "Oh WOW! How are you feeling? When are you due?" So much for agonizing on which baggy blouse and fluffy scarf to wear to these meetings. There's just no more hiding it!
"It's a Maudie's Night."
This is what I tell Andrew on a night I don't feel like cooking, or when I'm craving Mexican food. Oh how I miss Maudie's. When Andrew and I lived in Austin we probably ate there at least 3 times a week. He would make fun of me and how one of my requirements was to live within minutes of a Maudie's. He's probably right now that I think about it!
State House Apartments: 1.7 miles to Maudie's Too on South Lamar
The Gables Town Lake Apartments: 0.3 miles to Maudie's Cafe
My Parents House: 2.8 miles to Maudie's Milagro
Well this has been a Maudie's week! And here is how we improvised:
Saturday: Agave, Newburyport MA
Sunday: I made Mexican casserole & 7 layer dip
Monday: Margaritas, Boston MA
Tuesday: Andrew made chicken tortilla soup
I guess you could say this week I was craving any and all Mexican foods. Let's hope next week I crave only fresh fruits and veggies!
Week 24: September 27, 2012
There's No Hiding It!
My sisters have been telling me this since around week 16, but now I finally believe them. This is the first week I've felt like I look pregnant in everything I wear! I've had two client meetings this week with people I hadn't seen in a while. At both meetings, as soon as I walked in the door there was a loud "Oh WOW! How are you feeling? When are you due?" So much for agonizing on which baggy blouse and fluffy scarf to wear to these meetings. There's just no more hiding it!
"It's a Maudie's Night."
This is what I tell Andrew on a night I don't feel like cooking, or when I'm craving Mexican food. Oh how I miss Maudie's. When Andrew and I lived in Austin we probably ate there at least 3 times a week. He would make fun of me and how one of my requirements was to live within minutes of a Maudie's. He's probably right now that I think about it!
State House Apartments: 1.7 miles to Maudie's Too on South Lamar
The Gables Town Lake Apartments: 0.3 miles to Maudie's Cafe
My Parents House: 2.8 miles to Maudie's Milagro
Well this has been a Maudie's week! And here is how we improvised:
Saturday: Agave, Newburyport MA
Sunday: I made Mexican casserole & 7 layer dip
Monday: Margaritas, Boston MA
Tuesday: Andrew made chicken tortilla soup
I guess you could say this week I was craving any and all Mexican foods. Let's hope next week I crave only fresh fruits and veggies!
Erica!!!!! I'm pretty sure there is no baggy shirt that can hide that baby! I if you look at your pics for the last couple weeks you'll see its been that way for a little while! This post made me crack up! Can't wait to see you in November!
ReplyDelete