Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 23 of Pregnancy

Baby Developments

At about 10.5-11.8 inches and slightly over a pound, baby Wilson is about the size of a grapefruit! Her organs and bones are currently visible through her skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, her skin will become less transparent.

This week marks the beginning of some serious weight gain. In the next 4 weeks her weight should double. I've currently gained about 11 lbs so we'll see how much this jumps by week 27.

Week 23: September 20, 2012

Baby Movements 

I can finally start to track baby Wilson's sleep patterns. Aside from her late night show, she loves to move around while I'm eating. This makes me laugh because the men in the Wilson family do this happy dance every time they eat something they really like, punching their arms in the air and swaying their hips from side-to-side. Feels like she's got those same moves. Today I had a bowl of fresh fruit and yogurt. Her happy dance lasted for about 5 minutes.

Our Reading List
  
For Mom
What to Expect When You're Expecting 
Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth

For Dad 
Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads

Next Up 
What to Expect the First Year
Baby Laughs: The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood

No comments:

Post a Comment